Back Pain Remedies
Specialists recommend these exercises for preventing or remedying lower back problems, reports Natural Health:
1. While flat on your back, bend your knees, leaving your feet flat on the floor about a foot apart. Tighten your stomach and buttock muscles and lift your buttocks off the floor as far as you can without arching your back. Hold for a count of 10, then slowly lower your buttocks to the floor. Repeat until difficult.
2. To strengthen abdominals, lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat, about a foot apart. With your arms crossed over your chest, raise your head and shoulders, but keep the small of your back flat on the floor, and count five. Slowly lower your upper body. Repeat until difficult.
3. To stretch hamstrings, stand upright and extend your right leg onto a chair or desk that's near a wall. Place your right hand against the wall, and, pivoting on your left foot, turn slightly to the right. Hold the stretch for 20 to 30 seconds, then repeat with your left leg.
4. Standing upright, reach behind you with your right hand and pull your left foot up to touch your buttock. Hold for 30 seconds, and repeat with right leg.
5. Lying on your bed with both feet on the floor, pull both legs up to your chest, holding one and letting the other slowly drop to the floor. Hold for 20 seconds, then repeat with the other leg.
Of course, you should check with your doctor before beginning any exercise program.