Vegetable CurryServings: 4
4 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon mustard seed
2 inch piece fresh ginger, finely minced
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 medium onion, sliced
1 green chili, finely minced
1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
1 Tablespoon ground coriander
1 1/2 pounds your choice of mixed vegetables, sliced (eggplant,cauliflower, string beans, carrots, peppers, okra)
1 teaspoon salt
8 ounces coconut milk
2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Heat oil in heavy pan(wok or Dutch oven are fine)over medium-high heat.
2. Add mustard seeds,ginger & garlic & saute till seeds pop, about 1 minute. Don't allow garlic to get brown. Stir constantly.
3. Add onion & green chili, reduce heat to medium-low & saute gently till onions are golden.
4. Add coriander & turmeric & cook for 1 minute.
5. Add vegetables, mix well with spices.
6. Add salt & coconut milk. Cover & simmer for 30 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
Serve over basmati rice & garnish with cilantro.