Eggplant RaitaServings: 6
1 medium eggplant (1 pound)
2 tablespoons salad oil
1/4 cup onion, minced
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 cup plain yogurt
1. Make six 1-inch slits in the eggplant; place in foil-lined shallow baking pan. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven until soft (about 40 minutes).
2. When eggplant is cool enough to handle, cut it in quarters, peel it, and dice the pulp.
3. Heat oil in large skillet; add onion and seasonings. Cook, stirring constantly, five minutes.
4. Mix in diced eggplant and tomato; cook and stir until well heated through.
5. Toss with yogurt; turn into serving dish.
6. Refrigerate at least 1 hour and serve well chilled.