Fresh spinach and plenty of ricotta, Romano and mozzarella make this a cheesy and hearty dish. This lasagna can also be made without the spinach
20 lasagna noodles
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
1 chopped onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 cups fresh spinach
3 cups ricotta cheese
2/3 cup grated Romano cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 cups tomato pasta sauce, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook mushrooms, onions, and garlic in olive oil until onions are tender. Drain excess liquid and cool. Boil spinach for 5 minutes. Drain, then squeeze out excess liquid. Chop spinach.
4. Combine ricotta, Romano, spinach, salt, oregano, basil, pepper, and egg in a bowl. Add cooled mushroom mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Lay 5 lasagna noodles in bottom of a 9X13 inch baking dish. Spread 2 cups of the cheese/spinach mixture over noodles. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella and 1/3 cup parmesan on top. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce over cheese. Repeat layering 2 times.
5. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour. Cool 15 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: approx. 35 Minutes. Cook Time: approx. 1 Hour . Ready in: approx. 1 Hour 50 Minutes. Makes 12 servings.