Spicy Potato Wedges with Chili Dip
The Spicy crust on these potato wedges makes them irresistible, especially when served with a zesty chili dip.
2 baking potatoes, about 8 ounces each
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon paprika
For the dip
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
7-ounce can chopped tomatoes
1 fresh red chile, seeded and finely chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, plus extra to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Wash the potatoes. Cut them in half and then into 8 wedges.
2. Place the potato wedges in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes have softened slightly. Drain well and pat dry on paper towels.
3. Mix the oil, allspice, coriander and paprika in a roasting pan. Season with salt. Add the potatoes and shake to coat thoroughly. Roast for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, make the chile dip. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook for 5-10 minutes, until soft and golden. Add the tomatoes with their juice and stir in the chile and vinegar.
5. Cook gently for 10 minutes, until the mixture has reduced and thickened. Season with salt and garnish with cilantro.