A colorful medley of mushrooms and bell peppers in a spicy sauce, wrapped in tortillas and served with creamy guacamole.
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 garlic clove, crushed
8 ounces mushrooms
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons medium chile powder
1. Slice the onion. Cut the peppers in half, remove the seeds and cut the flesh into strips. Combine the onion and peppers in a bowl. Add the crushed garlic and mix lightly.
2. Remove the mushroom stalks. Save for making stock or discard. Slice the mushroom caps and add to the pepper mixture in the bowl. Mix the oil and chili powder in a cup, pour over the vegetable mixture and stir well. Set aside.
3. Make the guacamole. Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit and the peel. Put the flesh into a food processor or blender with the shallot, green chile and lime juice.
4. Process for 1 minute, until smooth. Scrape into a small bowl, cover tightly and put in the refrigerator to chill until required.
5. Heat a frying pan or wok until very hot. Add the marinated vegetables and stir- fry over high heat for 5-6 minutes, until the mushrooms and peppers are just tender. Season with salt. Spoon the filling onto each tortilla and roll up. Garnish with cilantro and serve with the guacamole and lime wedges.